Open Stage Media, in compliance with local and State law, requires all producers, providers and sponsors of programming to have on file proof that they reside in The City of Schenectady or Niskayuna.
Proof of residency is required for all individuals submitting programs to OSM. This includes Series programs (monthly or weekly) and stand alone Specials.
All Producers, Providers and Sponsors submitting programming to OSM for cablecast must have their proof of residency on file.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO USE OSM?
You are eligible to apply if you are a legal City of Schenectady or Town of Niskayuna resident with a legal bona- fide resident address. You must be able to verify your residency by providing two proofs of address and City, State, Federal or Employee Photo ID.
The following combinations of proof are acceptable:
- A New York State Driver's license and two current utility bills (within the last 6 months),
- A New York State Photo I.D. (a.k.a. a "non-driver's license") and two current utility bills (within the last 6 months),
- A United States or foreign issued Passport and two utility bills (within the last 6 months),
- A City, State, Federal or Employee Photo ID and two current utility bills (within the last 6 months),
- Current College or High School Photo ID and two proofs of address. (Must be 18 years of age or older),
- Copy of 501(c)3 (Not-For-Profit organizations only).
Employees or Members of a not-for-profit organization seeking training are also required to verify their address as well as their association with said organization.
To use OSM's equipment, facilities or channel space you must be 18 years of age or older. For safety and security reasons, no one under 14 years of age is allowed on OSM premises unless supervised."